The Sharples Primary School Parent Forum represents the collective voice of parents and carers in discussions with the school’s governing body and leadership team. It plays an active role in influencing, supporting and enhancing the development and learning of all children at Sharples Primary School.
The Parent Forum:
- Works closely with the governing body and school leadership team to ensure an open and beneficial dialogue exists.
- Encourages closer links between home and school, helping parents and carers engage with their children’s learning.
- Assists governors, teachers and staff by commenting on new initiatives, drawing attention to areas of concern and contributing to solutions.
- Enhances communication with and between all members of the school community.
- Develops and disseminates ideas that improve life at Sharples Primary.
What are the principles guiding the Forum?
You can count on the Sharples Primary Parent Forum to be:
- Collaborative: participating together for the benefit of the school community
- Constructive: helping to identify effective solutions
- Transparent: keeping everyone informed of meetings and their outcomes
- Encouraging: welcoming ideas and initiatives to foster a positive ethos
Who can be part of the Forum?
All parents and carers of children attending Sharples Primary School and Nursery are welcome to be part of the Forum. In addition, a representative from the governors and the leadership team has committed to attend each meeting.
What will the Parent Forum not do?
The Parent Forum is not a decision-making body. It is a body which can feed in views and represent the parents and carers of issues surrounding the school. The Parent Forum is also not the place to discuss concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or members of staff.
Why should parents & carers take part?
As a parent or carer, being part of the Forum can help you in a number of ways:
- Good links between you and the school can improve your child’s/children’s enjoyment and chances of doing well.
- It gives you an opportunity to get together on a regular basis with other parents to have your say on what the school is doing well, and ideas of how you feel things could be improved.
- It can help you get the advice and support to help and encourage your children with their learning
- It can break down barriers between the school and parents and improve working relationships.
How can parents & carers participate?
- All are warmly welcome to attend and participate at any Parent Forum meeting;
- By taking a role to help promote the Forum and make it work;
- By participating in activities
- By making the Parent Forum Committee aware of your thoughts relating to Sharples Primary by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org
- By suggesting items to be discussed.
We want to ensure a positive and respectful environment and we want those who attend the meetings to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Listen to others’ views and welcome diversity of opinions
- Treat speakers with respect
- Act courteously
- Contribute & participate
- Avoid naming individual members of the school community
If you are interested in joining the Parent Forum please contact the school office.